Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Drew Noorily's Bar Mitzvah

Congratulations to Drew Noorily on becoming Bar Mitzvah last month in a ceremony held in Jerusalem, at the Western Wall.  Here's a photograph of him reading from the Torah, and the statement he provided to Kadima, our congregation's newsletter:







I’m Drew Noorily and I am 13 years old. I go to Tenafly Middle School and am going into the 8th Grade. I just returned from a trip to Israel for my Bar Mitzvah, with my family, including my grandparents. For my mitzvah project I donated flashlights to the Israeli Defense Forces. The flashlights will be used on their guns. I also spent a week in Costa Rica at an orphanage working with the kids and painting the exterior wall of their house.


On behalf of the entire Congregation Adas Emuno community, we wish a hearty mazel tov to Drew, his parents Dr. Stuart Noorily and Marilyn Katz, his sister Melissa (see our previous post, Bat Mitzvah Profile: Melissa Noorily) and the entire Noorily family!


No comments:

Post a Comment