Sunday, August 26, 2012

Introducing Our New Student Cantor

With September almost upon us, we look forward to the official arrival of our new student cantor, Alison Lopatin.  We're pleased to introduce you to Alison, or better yet, let's let Alison introduce herself:


Shalom Cogregation Adas Emuno! My name is Alison Lopatin and I will be your student cantor this year. I am very excited to come and spend many Shabbats with you! I wanted to share with you a little information about myself.




I am currently in my fourth year of Cantorial school at Hebrew Union College/Jewish-Institute for Religion, in the Debbie Friedman School of Sacred Music in New York City. Originally an East Coast girl, I'm from Fairfield, Connecticut and attended Wesleyan University as an undergraduate. After college I went West and attended the San Francisco Conservatory and sang opera around the Bay Area before beginning my Cantorial studies at HUC-JIR. I was  a student cantor at Temple Emanuel in Roanoke, VA for the last two years. My hobbies include crossword puzzles, cooking, zumba, and of course, Jewish music! I  currently live on the Upper West Side. 


And we join together as a congregation to say, Welcome to Adas Emuno, Alison! We look forward to a melodious and harmonious year with you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment