Religious School Director
As I’m writing this column, we just had our first Shabbat Family Service of the year, featuring the Seventh grade–they were great! They led prayers and songs throughout the service, and shared their thoughts about the mitzvah of caring for the environment. Thank you to Rabbi Schwartz and their teachers, Sabina Albirt and Michael Dworkis, for preparing them. Our next two Shabbat Family Services are coming up, led by the Fifth and Sixth grades; everyone is encouraged to attend these special services, and support our students ́ participation in religious worship.
Tot Mitzvah is our new program for pre-school age children, led by Doris White. With (free!) programs six times during the year, we welcome anyone who would like to join in the fun. Come spend an hour of music, arts and crafts and stories with your little one – this month Doris will be having an early Chanukah celebration with the tots on November 23rd.
Thank you to everyone who so generously brought in books for our October Book Drive, as we participated in the Jewish Federation of NJ’s Annual Mitzvah Day. These will help so many students in our area who are in need of books.
Here are some other important Religious-School-related dates to note during November and December:
- Saturday Nov. 15-Bar Mitzvah of Justin Priblo
- Friday Nov. 21-Shabbat Family Service featuring the Sixth Grade students
- Sunday Nov. 23-Tot Mitzvah
- Sunday Nov. 30-NO RELIGIOUS SCHOOL Thanksgiving weekend
- Saturday, Dec. 13-Bat Mitzvah of Katie Schuller
- Friday Dec. 19-Shabbat Family Service featuring the Fifth Grade students
- Sunday Dec. 28- NO RELIGIOUS SCHOOL Winter Recess