Sunday, September 9, 2012
Our Religious School is Back in Session
This morning, the Adas Emuno Religious School is back in session, and getting off to a roaring start! We welcome back all of our returning students, and especially welcome all of our new students, and our parents as well! It seems only appropriate, then to start this day off with a message from our new Religious School Director, Annice Benamy, taken from the pages of Kadima, the Newsletter of Congregation Adas Emuno:
As summer is ending quickly, preparations for the opening of Religious School also move quickly! Your teachers, clergy, lay leadership and custodial personnel have been working hard this summer to make Religious School 2012-2013 the best experience for the students and families of Congregation Adas Emuno. What’s new this year:
• Morning Schedule: School begins each Sunday at 9:00 am in the Sanctuary for all students and families.
• Preschool: YES, we have a Preschool again for ages 2-4 from 9:00-9:45 a.m.
• Grades 8-10/Confirmation: Meet twice a month from 9:00-11:00 a.m.
• AETY: Adas Emuno Temple Youth Group: Open to all students in grades 9-12 (Contact: Youth Group Advisor, David Benamy, at adasschool at gmail.com for more information).
• Technology Integration Program: To be Introduced at Parent Orientation.
• “HaYom” School Newsletter: Weekly email communication to all Religious School families.
Here are the “Nuts and bolts” for September:
• K-10 School begins at 9:00 am in the Sanctuary.
• New registrations at 9:00 am in the Social Hall.
• Parent Orientation at 11:00 am in the Sanctuary.
• School dismissal – 12:00 Noon.
• Junior Choir – 12:00 Noon in the Synagogue with a Pizza lunch afterwards (must register and pay $36.00 fee).
• Faculty meeting/Madrichim meeting – 12:15-1:15 in the Social Hall.
• AETY: Adas Emuno Youth Group “Leadership Training Institute” – Transportation leaves 12:00.