Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Feeling the Maccabeats

So, here's a brand new Chanukkah video that's went viral last week (going viral means it's very popular, for those of you unfamiliar with the term).  A couple of nights ago, my son Benjamin called me over to show it to me, I said I'd post it here.  


And yesterday I saw it mentioned online via The Chronicle of Higher Education's e-mail newsletter, which directed me to a short item entitled, ‘Candlelight,’ the Viral Video From the MaccabeatsThe Chronicle introduces it by saying, "A Hanukkah treat from the Maccabeats, an a cappella group at Yeshiva University. It’s viral, folks, so apologies if you’ve already seen it."  


So there's it's officially certified as viral, not surprising as it is a catchy little number.


And over on the video's YouTube page, the Maccabeats write

Buy this song on itunes! http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/cand...

HELP GET THE MACCABEATS ON COLBERT! http://forums.colbertnation.com/?page...

Based on Mike Tompkins' a cappella version of Taio Cruz's "Dynamite". Video created by Uri Westrich

And I think they deserve our support.  So, anyway, okay, here's the video:




And all that's left to say is, Well Done, Maccabeats (MaccaBeatles?)!  And Happy Chanukah to all, and to all a good night!


No comments:

Post a Comment